Building of Ukrainian civil society by strengthening the capacity of Ukrainian NGOs as well as government institutions in the field of security sector reform
January 2015 - December 2015
The main objective of the project is to develop Ukrainian civil society through strengthening capacities of Ukrainian NGOs as well as state institutions in the field of security sector reform and by sharing Slovak transformation experiences. The strategic goal is to contribute to democratization of Ukraine and good governance of the country.
We defined the following specific goals in order to be able to fulfill the overall objective of the project:
- To strengthen capacities of Ukrainian NGOs in the field of SSR
- The increase NGO´s ability to control state institutions and to contribute to their development
- To launch the process of indispensable reform in the field of security sector
- Creation of training programme tailor-made to Ukrainian NGOs
- Increase expert potential of Ukrainian NGOs in the field of SSR
- Create the critical mass of Ukrainian expert community which would be able to realize security sector reform in the country.
- Expert trainings and creation of complex education programme with primary focus on representatives of Ukrainian NGOs, but also for smaller group of representatives of key ministries (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Defence)
- Study trip of 6 Ukrainian experts to Slovakia
- Creation of expert manual in the field of security sector reform
- Creation of web-page in order to sustain project activities also in form of e-learning.
Open Ukraine Foundation (under the auspices of the Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk)
The project is supported by the Official Development Assistance of the Slovak Republic (SLOVAKAID).